The National Weather Service (NWS) says there is a Flood Advisory in effect for Washoe County on Thursday.
Do not drive through standing water!
The wet weather continues to drench the Truckee Meadows today and although temperatures are expected to drop along with snow levels, there are a few immediate concerns in many neighborhoods.
Washoe County officials say due to the weather causing water over roadways, several roads will be closed so crews can address issues.
ROAD CLOSURES DUE TO FLOODING:
Toll Road at Bailey Creek Crossing
Nectar Street at Lemmon Drive
There will also be active road work, but no closures at:
Dolores Drive in Spanish Springs
Knob Hill in Golden Valley
Red Rock Road
If you live in a flood prone area here are a list of sandbag locations:
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #223, 130 Nectar St., Lemmon Valley
- Lemmon Drive and Pompe Way intersection, Lemmon Valley
- Blue Heron Circle and Warrior Lane intersection, Belli Ranch
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #30, 3905 Old Hwy 395, Washoe Valley
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #16, 1240 Eastlake Blvd, Washoe Valley
- Washoe County Operations Yard, 3101 Longley Lane, Reno
- Highland Ranch Parkway, one mile west of Pyramid Hwy, Sparks
- Andrew Lane and Paddlewheel Lane intersection, Pleasant Valley
- Intersection of Toll Road and Geiger Grade
In The City of Reno
Sandbag locations for Reno residents:
– Corp. Yard, 1640 E Commercial
– Old Moana Pool, 240 W Moana
– Mira Loma Park, 3000 S McCarran
– Idlewild Park, 1900 Idlewild Dr
– Intersection of Moya/Lear Blvd
Residents should bring their own shovels; bags & sand are provided.
Please dial 911 if you are in an emergency situation or call 311 for Washoe County Resources and Information.