Do you know someone interested in a career in radio? One of the most respected radio broadcasting companies in Nevada, Lotus Radio Corp., is currently accepting applications for:
FULL TIME POSITIONS:
Includes full benefits (incl. but not limited to: health, dental, 401K).
MARKETING/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: We are looking for a Rock Star to assist our veteran staff of Marketing Professionals and Administrative staff. The ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) with an emphasis on PowerPoint presentation skills. We are seeking a detail oriented, highly motivated, organized individual with excellent computer and writing skills. Good phone skills and the ability to interact with clients and the public a must. Responsibilities will include data entry, proposal writing and the candidate must be an independent thinker who identifies and addresses the needs of the departments. Photoshop, graphic arts and social media skills a plus. Although not required, a four year degree in Business or Marketing is preferred.
FULL-TIME REMOTE SUPERVISOR: The Remote Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the weekly remotes, events sponsored by station/s or clients. Key to success in this position is the ability to demonstrate solid organizational skills, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, excellent communication skills and follow-through, paying close attention to detail, performing as a team player, working with multiple departments and working well under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, publish and distribute remote event calendars.
- Hire and train remote techs proper use of equipment.
- Ensures vehicles are prepared with appropriate event material including, sound system, tent, table, extension cords, or any other supplies as needed.
- Insures all station vehicles receive proper maintenance, vehicles should be fueled and promotional ready at all times.
- Properly inventories all prizes.
- Maintenance/Cleaning of remote storage areas including vehicles.
- Purchase prizes, food, drinks and items needed for promotion events or remotes.
- Apply positive communication skills when interacting with our co-workers, listeners, clients, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to deal effectively with all team members exercising tact, diplomacy and patience at all time.
- Upload promotional pictures to public files on network at the completion of remote or event.
- Coordinates efforts on-site with Sales, Promotions and Programming personnel.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Programming, Promotions, Sales and General Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be a motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of remote broadcast equipment and setup.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50+ pounds and stand for long periods may be required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.
PART TIME POSITIONS:
ON-AIR TALENT / BOARD OP: Versatile jack-of-all trades to swing on-air and board op duties, weekends and fill-ins. The ideal candidate can perform a live or voice-tracked air-shift, and is familiar with NexGen radio automation and Adobe Audition. Duties include ensuring correct audio is loaded into the correct cart numbers, monitoring the radio stations, and taking transmitter readings in our state-of-the-art facility.
REMOTE TECH: Ideal candidate for the Remote Tech will need to be at least 21 years of age, be able to lift 75 lbs, have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and able to interact well with the public. If you are detail oriented and safety conscious, this position may be for you. Knowledge of radio is a plus but not required.
EEO: Lotus Radio insures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill one of these positions, please let him or her know about this opportunity. Those interested are encouraged to apply in person during normal business hours 8:30a-5:30p at 690 East Plumb Lane, Reno, NV 89502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for application