It’s a brand new year but I’m kinda stuck! I have my “go-to” places when I want to hurt myself. Hey, watch it! We’re talkin’ food, here!
They’re great places but I’m sure I’m missing some spots. I need your help!
My list is somewhat short:
- Bertha Miranda’s Mexican Restaurant, over on Mill. Family place with excellent food and service. Freddy’s Special is actually my favorite margarita!
- B.J’s BBQ, at the end of Victorian, in Sparks. Another family place. They’ve got real good BBQ and excellent breakfasts. I especially like their cheese grits and homemade applesauce.
- Smee’s Alaskan Fish Bar, in Meadowood Mall’s Food Court. I love fish & chips and his are pretty much the best I’ve had. Great home made tartar sauce, too. It’s so good, that I used to try to follow him around when he had his food truck.
- Feast, located at the NE corner of Virginia and California…Well, if there were a NE corner. A touch expensive but worth it. The vegetarian fare is tasty but I like the Surf & Turf. Tasty!
- Johnny’s, over on 4th Street. Been there longer than I’ve been here. And there’s a reason. The food leans Italian. I love their fish selection, too.
- Grateful Gardens, – they’ve got a few locations, but I typically go to their place off Virginia. This place is kinda behind the White Orchard. Just, bottom line, good, solid chow! Can’t really put a label on it. Just good! And the service is good, too.
- Oh, and finally…Costco. How can ya beat a Polish dog and bottomless soda for just a buck and a half? The best!
Now, Please… Your suggestions. What are your favorite go-to places?